Room With A View

One woman's thoughts, opinions and views, as well as my poetry and writings.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Time To Throw In The Towel!

My daughter Rebecca writes a fantastic blog and since she lives in Boston and I'm here in Florida.....it helps me to see what eventful things happen during her day or I can read her slant on a myriad of subjects. Well, today's blog was one I probably shouldn't have read. She was writing about how her mind is going in a million different directions lately which is making her do things that she usually doesn't do.....like leaving her ATM card in the ATM......(which had a good ending thankfully) and also leaving her wallet in a shopping cart. Can you believe that she found the one good, honest person who turned her wallet intact to the store, so when Rebecca called, they were holding it in safe keeping. Well....lately, my mind has been in many different directions as well and I seem to be extremely preoccupied. Today I did a few things I have never done before and though minor in consequences....in comparison to what might have been the outcome for Rebecca....I think if I had decided to prolong the day, it may have turned out in an entirely different direction.

I went food shopping and instead of bringing just the list, I brought a full legal size pad of paper, with a pen of course. I sometimes have a twisted sense of humor and of course while I was walking down the aisles I was chuckling to myself, because I was wondering if anyone might think I was a VIP from the chain, writing down notes about the employees, cleanliness etc......Of course I was just jotting silly stuff down, but thought I was doing a good job of looking "corporate" and I love doing this kind of thing. I crack myself up sometimes... lol I paid for my items and left the entire pad of paper and the pen and didn't realize it until I was gone. No biggy, but something I generally don't do and those who thought I might be corporate, know I'm not now.....lol Those who know me, know I am extremely organized.....some might say even anal and I consider that a compliment. Well, it didn't end there. I went somewhere else, locked my car and then my heart went to my throat as I headed to the store, because I discovered I didn't have my pocketbook. Where was it you ask? inside the car on the floor mat..... something else I have never done. I should have called it quits then, because the signs were all there.....and so far both events have been totally out of character for me.....but nope. It took a third thing to happen for me to call it quits. This one was not funny, although I'm laughing about it now. I lit my cigarette(yes, I have that dirty habit)....and went to take a puff, but put the lit side in my lips to do so...Sorry you weren't there to see the horror show.....lol Here's a tip for you. You don't need a Botox shot to make your lips look bigger and oh by the way......your tongue can also become enlarged.....lol I decided that before I did something extremely detrimental to myself, I had better turn the car around and head for home......That my friends, was the best thinking I had done for the day......lol So Rebecca.......I think a bit of you rubbed off on me, so please do me a favor and write about extremely positive things going forward, as my health and mental being may deteriorate further if you don't:)

2 Comments:

  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger Martie said…

    I know this wasn't funny for you, but I'm sitting here laughing so hard I have tears running down my cheeks.....oh so sorry you had such a bad day, but thanks for being my entertainment anyway!!!!

    Hope your lips and tongue heal fast!

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    hahaha! Ooops! Sorry Ma - my bad karma for the day rubbed off on you! :)

    Hope your lip is feeling better!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home