Room With A View

One woman's thoughts, opinions and views, as well as my poetry and writings.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

AMERICAN IDOL - THE PERFORMANCES AND RESULT SHOW

Chris - was extremely nasally, thoughm believe it or not, if you've been reading my AI blogs....this was the first time I actually liked his version of the song he performed and of course
this time, the Judges didn't like his performance at all. I really couldn't believe it though,.when Chris said he sang that way on purpose and that singing nasally, was actually a type of singing. I think he was trying to educate Simon......lol I've been on this planet for 57 years and this is the first I've ever heard of "nasally" being a type of singing and if anyone knows differently, please enlighten me....lol Simon's facial reaction was a Kodak moment....:) He was apalled and said, "You sing this way on purpose"???????? lol

Phil....Now I think he was absolutely terrific! Country is definitely his genre. He was relaxed, projected his voice , showed his phenominal range and had personality plus, which is something he's been lacking in past shows. He definitely deserves to stay.

Lakisha has me worried. We know she's a phenominal singer, but her song choices haven't really been good and her performance was shaky at best. She was out of her "comfort zone" with her song choice and tended to scream, more than belt out the tune.

Jordan is all "that" at this point! She is so so talented, totally comfortable on stage and boy oh boy, does she have range. She has it all in a neat package and whether she wins or not, her path to stardom is already in the making. She is a songwriter's and recording producer's dream come true.

Melinda is already a star in my book! She can sing anything, she evokes deep seated emotion...she makes you "feel" the song from the tips of your toes. She captures an audience and wows them......She has certainly wowed me.

Blake is also a favorite of mine. He has the moves, the voice, the class and once again, knows how to pick the song that's best for him. He knows who he is and that's such a plus!

Results Show: I guess my feelings served me correct about Lakisha and though she has a great voice, she is going to have to find the right song in order to stay in the game. It's not about the genre actually, because I believe you can find the song that fits who you are in any category. I'm not sure Lakisha knows where her strengths lie yet.....and I hope she finds the answer soon. As for Blake? I was surprised he was in the bottom 3, as I feel Chris belonged there more than Blake. I had no doubt that Blake would be the first to be moved to safety. And now it seems the reign of Sanjiya has ended and it was about time and it's also time to move on.....as we all say: Bye Bya Sanjiya! I feel badly that he became the brunt of so many parodies and jokes, but when you put yourself in the limelight, sometimes not so nice things happen. If his dream is to pursue a singing career, then I hope as he matures......he will make that dream a reality.....If it is meant to be....it will be. I wish Sanjiya the best on his journey and until next time......
The beat goes on......

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    See ya Sanjaya.
    That poor kid had to put up with a lot, I give him credit. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home