Room With A View

One woman's thoughts, opinions and views, as well as my poetry and writings.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

WHO IS YOUR PICK, FOR THE TOP NINE
AMERICAN IDOL!


Gwen Stefani was the Mentor – I’m not really sure that she could be classified as such, but that’s this woman’s opinion….

Lakisha sang “Last Dance” – She has such great vocals and with this selection last night, the definite moves to go along with it. She strutted her stuff to the max and did Donna Summer proud.

Chris Sligh sang “Everything She Does Is Magic” – The upbeat parts of this song were much better orchestrated than the rest of the song. Chris was off tempo with the Orchestra and somehow he just has been slipping….as though he’s not giving 100%. Time will tell.

Gina – Our resident rocker showed her softer side with her version of “Ill Stand By You.” Gina sings with such passion and conviction. Excellent vocal range and performance.

Sanjiya – What the heck was he trying to accomplish last night and what type of competition does he think this is? In the beginning, I said okay….he has his fan base and it will end soon and it was comical, in a sense. What he did last night, he could not have considered a serious and wise move…If he was serious, then I would be even more concerned. .What was his “hair style”????? Mohawk over the edge or what?????, I can’t remember the song he sang, but I definitely remember the outlandish hair……and this is a “what?” competition???? Lol I have no clue what direction he’s headed in, who his hairdresser is(he/she) should be banned from this Earth) for going along with him…..and why he is still on stage, when he clearly does not have the vocal ability even close to the other contestants. Last night I felt he made a mockery of the show and himself. I agreed with Simon when he stated….Sanjya, you’re in your own universe and it doesn’t really matter what I say anymore. If people like you, then good luck!. After last night….I would classify him as American Idol’s joke! Sanjiya…take the hint.

Haley sang “True Colors” – Her tone is “pitch perfect”, but though she sang the song beautifully, it was not as memorable as last week’s performance, She played it way too safe….It was just okay for me.

Phil sang “Every Breath You Take” – He’s a smooth Singer with great vocal ability. He showed his strength, as well as sensitivity in this performance….Very, very nice! I just wonder if he has a strong enough fan base to get him through.

Melinda sang “Heaven Knows” and Melinda could sing anything as far as I’m concerned and still get it right on the money! She’s just a natural, that is meant to be on stage….She shines and is still my #1 choice for American Idol!

Blake sang “I Will Always Love You” – I love his singing style, though his song choice wasn't my favorite…..
As Simon stated……With his charisma(and he does have that!) and cool style….”Ditto Simon…lol”, He’s the strongest of the Guys…..

Jordan sang “Hey Baby” – Jordan showed a different side of her, with a performance loaded with “spunk”, She's cute and sparkles on stage and there’s no doubt that she’s an amazing performer. Randy stated that she’s going to be a great recording artist. Jordan is my #2 favorite…

Chris sang “Don’t Speak”
– He gave a smooth, soulful performance…Not the best I’ve heard him sing…..but good none the less. I wish he would lose some of the nasal quality that comes through

1 Comments:

  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    hmmm. I think Melinda takes it all. Top 5, melinda, lakisha, jordin, blake and.... either chris or phil stacy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home