Room With A View

One woman's thoughts, opinions and views, as well as my poetry and writings.

Sunday, March 18, 2007


YANKEE CANDLE OR HOME BAKED?

Candles are this Woman's best friend!

I adore the scent of candles and I love the ambience and cozy feeling it gives to my home. It also helps me to unwind and relax after a busy day at work.

The floral scents have never been my cup of tea. I am more of the cocoa cappucino, MacIntosh Apple, Vanilla Cookie - type of woman - the scents that make me think of "home" and anyone walking in to my home might think I have something delicious baking in the oven. If nothing else, they will probably say in talking about my home...."Boy, her house always smells sooooo good!" I couldn''t think of a nicer compliment:)

I remember a long time ago, when I was looking to purchase a home. The first impression I would get upon opening the front door, was not if the house was clean to my liking, or if the rooms were large enough. I would know immediately if I wanted to look further...by the smell. It might seem strange to some, but odors either welcome you in, or push you back out the door....at least to me.

I have purchased various types of candles throughout the years and Yankee Candle has always been by far....my most favorite, that is until a few weeks ago, when I ran across a new line of scented candles called "Home Baked" by Kathy Ireland. They are made in the United States, which is always a plus with me, they are soy based, which I never realized.... contains very important properties. The benefit of soy candles are that they are highly fragranced, environmentally safe, they are clean and long burning and in buying these particular candles, helps support America's Farmers. The always added plus, is that they are far less expensive than Yankee Candle.

However, I never expected a candle to have the aroma of the real thing, that is, until I lit my first "Home Baked" candle. I have the "Oatmeal Raisin Cookie" candle burning right now and the aroma wafts through the entire house within minutes and it's not overpowering. It just smells like you're baking the most delcious home made oatmeal raisin cookies. What a yummy and inviting scent:) No calories absorbed while breathing the air either....lol

I defy a friend or relative...entering your home, not to have the urge to go in to the kitchen and grab a fresh baked cookie:) It's that good! I also purchased the vanilla cream pound cake and once again, the aroma was not overpowering or artificial smelling. It was an extremely natural scent and yet you can also detect the slight vanilla pound cake scent mixed in. I am totally sold on these candles and can't wait to try my other scents of choice:

Banana Pudding: Ripe bananas together with vanilla pudding and crisp vanilla wafers, combine to recreate this delicious summer desert

Lime Coconut Pie: This delicious blend of lime juice and coconut, complement a graham cracker crust baked to a golden brown.

Chocolate Souffle: Decadent chocolate with creamy vanilla

Be still my heart! :)

Now, if they only decide to come out with Hazelnut Coffee or Chocolate Cappucino, I will be all set! What more could this "candle inspired woman" ask for?:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home