Room With A View

One woman's thoughts, opinions and views, as well as my poetry and writings.

Thursday, February 22, 2007


AMERICAN IDOL - TOP 12 GIRLS
A star illuminated the stage last night!. Lakisha blew me away with her performance, as I’m sure she did anyone who was tuned in. She is a bonafide Star and though we may have all been thinking the same thoughts as Simon....as an initial response, I’m not so sure it was a good judgment call on his behalf, to have stated what he did and out loud
. The remaining 23 had to experience the sensation of having the rug being pulled out from under them and I’m sure were anything but comfortable, after the remark. This was reflected on their faces, as the camera showed.

Let’s not lose sight of the remaining 23, very talented contestants who want and deserve a chance for their star to shine as well. We still have a long way to go, with different genres of music yet to be performed, before an American Idol is selected and stranger things have been known to happen. Once the initial “thud” of Simon’s remark has passed….. hopefully, it will just give the remaining 23 the “push” to bring it up, more than a notch or two and to realize that “ordinary” is just not good enough. I hope they will all maintain an upbeat positive and not a defeatist attitude as each one of them, still have a chance to fulfill, what they all consider to be their destiny! …..There is not one, that would be considered “chopped liver” :)

With that having been said and feeling much better, in being able to express myself, I am going to give you my top picks of the night.

Lakisha Jones
Gina Glocksen
Stephanie Edwards
Haley Scarnato
Melinda Doolittle

It’s been an extremely stressful day for me;albeit a “happier than I thought it might be” ending,.so I will include my initial reviews for the remaining 10 girls in tomorrow’s “result show” blog……
Tomorrow is another day……and I am hopeful and confident, that it will be a better one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home