Room With A View

One woman's thoughts, opinions and views, as well as my poetry and writings.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

AMERICAN IDOL – Who Will Be In The Top 10?

What a wonderfully, entertaining night! The guys really brought it up a notch or two and there were some surprises as well! It was a night of the 60's "British Invasion" with LuLu and Peter Noone.

Haley sang "Tell Him" –Haley was vivacious, flirty and showed so much more personality than she has in past performances. The song choice was perfect for her . I thoroughly enjoyed her performance

Chris sang "Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying" – He really made the song his own and updated it, without taking the beauty of this song away. It was a different side of Chris, singing a ballad and his voice was very soothing, as he maintained total control. His "nasal" quality didn't come in to play as it often does. I really like this side of him, as I did his performance.

Stephanie Edwards sang "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me" – I was really disappointed with her performance. She was pitchy, her voice wavered and it was nothing special. She's in her comfort zone when she sings the more edgy, upbeat songs.

Blake sang "Time Of The Season" – Blake had it all in this performance….sexy, smooth voice and the moves to go along with it. He's comfortable on stage and knows how to play to the audience…..He was right on! Great performance!

Lakisha sang "Diamonds Are Forever – Her voice is outstanding…that we all know by now, but this performance left me cold. It definitely wasn't her best performance
.
Phil
sang "Tobacco Road" – Sorry to have to say this, but I think Phil's days are numbered. He has such a good voice and great vocal range but for some reason, seems to be on a downward swing since the auditions. This was definitely not one of my fav performances.

Jordan sand "I Who Have Nothing" – but my goodness, Jordan has everything! She is totally amazing and I can't even find the words to describe her performance, except to say it was brilliant!!

Sanjiya sang "You've Really Got Me Now" and he may have just a little under an 1/8 of me, which is more than he's had of me since the start of the competition….lol He surprised me tonight by coming out of his shell and performing better than I've seen him. He actually can project his voice above a whisper:) Do I think he should go much farther down the road? Not really...but he does seem to have a fan base….at least for now!

Gina sang "Painted Black" – Our resident rocker was definitely in her element with this performance. She has great range, but will have to show a softer side at some point and carry it off, to go further I think.

Chris Sligh sang "She's Not There" and though he performed the song well and had good vocal, it was definitely not my favorite performance of his. He just didn't seem comfortable. Simon liked it better than I did….go figure…lol

Melinda Doolittle sang "As Long As He Needs Me" and I think everyone needs a little bit of Melinda in their lives:) She is still the "chill factor" for me. She brings every song alive with her emotional renditions. There are maybe one or two singers who can bring me to tears with their performances and Melinda is definitely one of them. She is still my vote for American Idol, with Jordan running a close 2nd.

Stephanie Edwards was sent home tonight and we wish her well....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home