Room With A View

One woman's thoughts, opinions and views, as well as my poetry and writings.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

DOWN TO 8 – AMERICAN IDOL
Tony Bennet was the Mentor

All the Contestants gave 100% last night – except with the exception of the “One”, I wish would somehow just go away……

Blake Lewis
sang “Mack The Knife” and what a spin he put on this song. It’s never been one of my favorites, but Blake’s version, would make me a believer after all these years. He totally made the song his own and I considered this one of his greatest performances.

Phil Stacey
- Here is where the judges and I differed. Yes, I believe that Phil has been on a downward swing for the past couple of weeks, but I thought his performance tonight was extremely good. His vocals are smooth as velvet….

Melinda sang “I’ve Got Rhythmn”. She makes everyone believe they too can have rhythmn:) She just constantly blows my mind with her flawless performances. Ryan was indeed correct when he stated that with each performance, you can feel the electricity!

Chris Richardson – The Judges and I locked horns again. They felt it was his best performance so far and I thought it was just okay and nothing special. Maybe I just don’t see him as true “idol” material? Oops…probably sticking my foot in my mouth right now but we all have a right to our opinions:)

Jordan sang “On A Clear Day”. Jordan has amazing control and gave an outstanding performance. It’s really difficult to believe that she’s only 17? I just hope she doesn’t become over confident….

Gina – Our resident Rocker sang “Smile” and in my opinion, it was an extremely heartfelt, brilliant performance.

Haley sang “Ain’t Misbehavin”. She’s adorable and has an outstanding figure. She seems to be using it to her advantage as of late, because if you’ve got it…..flaunt it, as long as it’s done in good taste! I don’t think it will help keep her on Idol much longer though. Her sound is pure and she has beautiful tone, but I don’t think she has the staying power..

Lakisha sang “Stormy Weather”. She has the voice quality, stage presence and rendered a brilliant performance. As Simon stated……sassy and great!

Sanjiya sang “Cheek To Cheek”. No comment needed. He takes up way too much space to begin with……..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home