Room With A View

One woman's thoughts, opinions and views, as well as my poetry and writings.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

DO YOU BELIEVE?

I throughly enjoy watching the television show called Crossing Over, with John Edwards.He is a Medium, who communicates with those on the "other side".

I would like so much to believe there is a chance that those we love.... who have passed on, are able to follow us through our lives….to know what is taking place. I have heard that there are times we receive messages that we are either not tuned to, or just dismiss as coincidence. A song might come on the radio that reminds us of someone who has passed away and yes, we definitely think of them, but I wonder. Is this is really a way of them coming through to us? I've also been told that if you have a dream about someone who has passed away and if they were sickly and you remember them in this state, then you are dreaming. However, if you have a dream about this person and they are as you remember them once being.....healthy and happy, then you are being given a message. This experience happened once to me, that I can recall and I never forgot the feeling upon awakening. It was so real to me! My Sister passed away suddenly at the age of 39 and it was one of the most traumatic experiences of my life. I had spoken to her the night before and then in the blink of an eye, she was gone. I had a dream about 10 years later, that I was in work and my co-workers were standing around a cubicle of another employee. I walked over to see what the conversation was about and realized it wasn't a fellow employee. It was my Sister and she looked wonderful. I remember crying and hugging her and asking where she had been....that we had thought we lost her. I asked he rif she had told anyone else that she was here and okay. I can remember so vividly...her scent, her hug and her smile and then she looked me square in the eye and told me she had never gone anywhere.....that she had been here all along and she was fine. Boy, do I want to believe with all my heart, that this was a message from her.

........ I have had two occurrences in which unexplained things have happen. The first time, I had been sleeping and woke up with a start. I saw what appeared to be the outline of a figure, minus arms, legs and head. It seemed to be an outline of a jacket that was made up of particles and the jacket kind of resembled one that my Dad used to wear to work every day. What stands out in my mind, is that I wasn't afraid…and believe me, those who know me well, know that isn't me. I tend to be afraid of my own shadow:) I remember saying, "Who are you?" When I didn't get an answer, I reached out to touch and it was then, the figure disappeared. That's when I "lost it"J I've been told I must have been dreaming, but I know I wasn't. The second occurrence happened a few mornings ago and I say this, because it happened at 5:30am. My alarm had gone off and I got out of bed and walked around to the other side of the bed to shut it off. The alarm was placed this way on purpose, so I would have no choice but to get up, to turn it off.....thus less probability of me climbing back in:) As I was walking back to my side of the bed, I heard a male voice call out my name as clear as day!……not in an alarming way, but as if they had come in from the outside and announced their presence to me. I asked who it was, went from room to room and saw nothing. There again….I wasn't the least bit scared. I don't know why this is, since I was alone. I remember the voice being one I recognized and maybe that's why it didn't frighten me, but I can't tell you for sure, who it was. Was I dreaming? You will never convince me in a million years that I was. Yes, there is still a big part of me, that doesn't believe in this, though an even greater part of me would like to. I believe that if the "spirit world" were able to communicate, my Mom and Dad would definitely let me know they're okay. I would think they would want to be in touch with me. I guess I'm looking for concrete proof. If I could see them and know for a fact, that it was them, or if someone like John Edwards, were able to tell me something that I might have shared privately....in conversation.... with my Mom or Dad, then there would be no doubt in my mind. So, I waver back and forth in the hopes that one day, in my heart of hearts, I will be sure. Anything is possible and my mind is certainly not closed on this subject.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    hmmmm. You know what Mom....I think of our loved ones being around us the same way that I think of God and magic....there are signs everywhere - and if you believe and WANT to see them - you will find them.

    This past Saturday, a Monarch butterfly followed my, the kids and Auntie Eileen as we were leaving the Home Show. Literally followed us from walking to the car, hovered by the car - and followed us out the lot. Remember that reading I had a few years back with the Monarch butterfly that stuck around for over an hour? And the references to Papa? The signs are there if we want to see them...... it's just a choice of what we want to believe. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home