Room With A View

One woman's thoughts, opinions and views, as well as my poetry and writings.

Sunday, September 03, 2006


RADIO SHACK AND SHAYNA'S THOUGHTS

I would like to take the time to comment on the Radio Shack issue. I've tried to hold my tongue about this, but I guess my tongue is going to win....lol

I realize that companies have to downsize and I am also aware that the employees were notified of this and were also told that they would be notified electronically, as to the decision of their employment. However, let's be real about this. I doubt that the employees thought that it would be done as coldly as it was. It was not even personalized. It was just a form letter and didn't explain anything other than, that their position was no longer needed. There are companies that are much larger than Radio Shack who use kinder and gentler approaches. What a slap in the face, to those who have worked for so many years and are "brushed away" with an E-mail. No thought or regard for them in any way. There should have been Representatives or Supervisors in each location to help soften this approach. Instead, the employees were directed to an Intranet site, where their questions could be answered. The act of firing or letting an employee go, should not be done in this way.....as much as Radio Shack thinks it to be the efficient way. Efficiency, for this reason.... should not, in my opinion...come into play when it is dealing with peoples' lives. It's dehumanizing and there definitely should have been some human interaction.

I for one will think twice before purchasing anything at Radio Shack. There are many other stores that carry the same and more of the merchandise that Radio Shack sells. My bottom line feeling? If they have such disregard for their own employees, how must they feel about me......the consumer?

I shudder to think!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    How out of the loop am I? I don't know anything about this....?

    I can tell you this much though; my thought has always been that companies -esp. large ones - have no loyalty to their employees. Which is why I don't necessarily agree with too much loyalty to them. My girlfriend Jenn learned this lesson the hard way....

    To major corporations, their employees aren't of much value; mostly because they're nameless, faceless employee identification numbers - not people.

    I'd take working for a small business anyday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home