Room With A View

One woman's thoughts, opinions and views, as well as my poetry and writings.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

PAULA DEAN'S THE BEST!

Let me start off by saying that I am exhausted....but it's a very good state of exhaustion:) We're having a pre-Thanksgiving dinner in work tomorrow and instead of doing the usual pot luck thing, my boss is having lunch brought in from Boston Chicken. Now you might think that what I'm about to say next is strange, but this will be a first for me. If you can believe it...I've never been to or have eaten anything from Boston Chicken. Yes, there are a few of us still around.....lol Anyway, I decided to bring in a dessert, which to many, is the best part of a meal:) I love, love, love making trifles and usually make my own concoctions, but this week I was watching the Food Network....one of the best channels and though I have a few favorites.....my most favorite person to watch is Paula Dean. She has just a way about her and such an amazing sense of humor. I'll be sitting by myself in front of the tv, just laughing my fool head off:), but....and that's a big but...... I am also learning her wonderful cooking techniques at the same time. Well, she was making this dessert and I couldn't jump up fast enough to get a pad of paper and pencil to write it all down. The combination of ingredients really complimented each other and looked so deeeeeelicious and seemed just perfect for the holiday. I wondered why I hadn't thought of this on my own:) I guess that's why she's Paula Dean and I'm just Shayna...lol

So..... I left work at 4pm today, raced off to the supermarket and as soon as I walked through the door at home, I began prepping and baking. It is now 8:00pm and I just completed the finishing touches.The dishes are washed and put away and I am ready to settle in for the remainder of the evening, or until I fall asleep with my eyes open....whichever comes first....lol Of course I made a much smaller version of this dessert in a wine glass for me. I've yet to taste it, because my Mom always told me I had to eat dinner before I could have my dessert. Hmmmm, I wonder if an iced coffee would constitute for dinner? lol I can't wait to dig in and I just hope it tastes as good as it looks. I want the people I work with to be smiling and oooohing and ahhhhhing as they eat it:)
Anyway.......the name of this dessert is Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle and as Rachel Raye would say, " Yummo! How good is that???? I guess the jury will be in tomorrow and I hope the verdict is in my favor....:)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    I can't wait to make it - and I've decided to add my own twist to it....mandarin oranges. I think they'd compliment it so beautifully. Whatcha think?!?!

    Did everyone love it..... ?

    And I love Boston Chicken. Their rotissierie chicken is THE BEST.

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said…

    i love boston chicken too.and UI watch food network alot too.lol.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home