Room With A View

One woman's thoughts, opinions and views, as well as my poetry and writings.

Friday, November 03, 2006

COFFEE ANYONE?I am a coffee drinker from way back and consider myself to be an expert(self professed of course) Having lived in Boston for the majority of my life, Dunkin Donuts was a “staple” in my every day existence.. Moving to Tampa created a problem for a while, because there were few, if any, Dunkin Donuts franchises around.

The South is known for Sweet Tea(Iced Tea), but I was surprised that so few had any idea what iced coffee was or how to make it. With each restaurant I visited, I would have to give them instructions:
1. Fill a large glass with ice
2. Pour coffee into the glass
They seemed so surprised at this and would actually ask me if it was good..lol

Anyway, Dunkin Donuts has now taken the South by storm and I couldn’t be happier, or more in my element. There is one located within a 10 minute walk from my work and one that just happens to have opened on the road I take to go home.
Now…..my favorite iced coffee has always been French Vanilla, but my daughter has gotten me hooked on her latest combination……..Hazelnut Iced coffee with a splash of coconut. This combination is absolutely delicious and guaranteed to soothe the savage beast in me. If I’m not feeling well, or have had a bad day, this perfect combination always tends to put a smile on my face. I’m easy, what can I say…..lol
Try it and I definitely think you will like it.

Hmmm, I just had a thought. I think the next time I place my order, I’m going to try something new.
How about this?
Large French vanilla iced coffee, with a splash of chocolate and a splash of coconut, black with 2 sweet n lows. Wow……I bet it’s going to taste like a Mounds Bar….
Definitely my next taste sensation and what’s your favorite?:)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Yup... Chocolate/Coconut and chew a piece of Mint Gum. Its a girlscout cookie! ;)

    Or....I tried this at Starbucks...Banana/Coconut w/ a splash of Mocha. Oh yeah baby...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home